News & Happenings
Open Hours & more
Tuesday 10-5, Wednesday 1-8, Thursday 1-8, Saturday 10-1
Story Hour: 10:30 Tuesdays from September - June (During the summer, our Summer Reading Program takes in July.)
Holidays - Holidays will be observed as follows: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve Day, and Christmas Day. In addition, the Librarian will determine, in consultation with the Board of Trustees, what hours the Library will be open on the days preceding or following holidays.
The popular on-demand film streaming service Kanopy is available for free. New Haven Community Library patrons can sign up and start streaming films by accessing NHCL's Kanopy page. This streaming service is, in many ways, a complement to Netflix, with more of an emphasis on independent and foreign films, and documentaries. (Thirty thousand titles!)
Watch up to 5 films a month, with 3 days to watch each film, and "play credits" reset on the 1st of the month! Films can be streamed from any computer, television, mobile device or platform by downloading the app for iOS, Android, AppleTV, ChromeCast or Roku.
Click here for detailed setup and login directions.
Libraries are so much more than books these days!
NHCL patrons have access to four terrific online resources:
- ListenUp! Vermont
- Vemont Online Library, including Heritage Quest & Gale databases and Universal Class
Weekly/monthly at the Library:
- Story Hour: every Tuesday, 10:30am, Sept-June; Summer Program meets during the summer.
- Friends of NHCL: 1st Wednesday, 7:00 pm (except July & August)
- Historical Society: 2nd Wednesday, 7:00 pm (meets May-July & Sept-Nov.)
- NHCL Trustees: 1st Thursday, 7:00 pm (except July)
- Game Night: 3rd Wednesday, 6:30 pm
Our Library loves new volunteers as there are always many little things that need to be done around the Library. Please talk to Deborah if you have an hour or two a week to contribute.