News and Calendar
The library will be closed until further notice, due to the Covid-19 virus. We will be opening as soon as public health advisories and the Library Trustees judge it to be safe to do so. We are sorry for the inconvenience this causes, but are doing our best to keep patrons and staff safe and healthy.
GOOD NEWS! Deborah is working in the library to supporting curbside service & ILLs!
July News Update
Our front porch pick up service has been extremely popular. We are so pleased and really happy to get materials to patrons, once again. As I write this mid-June, we have had hundreds of books checked out and picked up!
Our ILL service has now resumed. If you've never used Inter-Library Loans before, it's easy! If you're looking for something you don't see at this library we can almost always get it for you, one way or another. Just let us know what you want. We can request in-state or across the country. ILLs usually take a week to come in and can nearly always be renewed. And it's always free!
Summer program is still a little unclear at this point, but whatever we do will probably take place in August. In the meantime, many young readers like to keep track of their summer reading. As of July 1st, I'll have reading records and bookmarks on the Front Porch table.
ILL Courier Service Re-Starts June 16!
I'm happy to announce that we will be re-starting our Inter-Library Loan (ILL) courier delivery service on Tuesday June 16th!
- If you have given me requests already, they will be entered the week of June 16th.
- If you have ILL requests from March or before, it's possible they will arrive this Tuesday. I'll be contacting people as they come in.
- If you've never used ILL before, it's easy! If you're looking for something you don't see at this library - we can almost always get if for you, one way or another. Just let us know what you want. We can request in-state or across the country. ILLs usually take a week to come in and can nearly always be renewed.
And it's always free!
June 2, 2020
Curbside Library Service Beginning June 2!
We are excited to announce that as of Tuesday, June 2nd, we will be starting curbside service at the library. Here's how it will work:
- Decide what materials you would like to check out. (You can check the collection online at www.nhcl.org or call me during regular library hours for help at 453-4015).
- OR email me at email@example.com
- OR leave a phone message, with your name and contact number and up to 3 requests. I will get back to you to confirm your "order" and let you know the next pick up times. I am happy to help you choose something over the phone - and can check that you have not read it before.
- We will be placing your requests on a small table under the front porch. Please pick up as promptly as possible. Pick up will take place during library hours only.
- When you are returning items they can be placed in our refurbished drop box (yay!) to the left of the library. All returned materials will be quarantined for seven days before they go back into circulation.
If you have any further questions about the process you can reach me at the library during regular library hours.
Thank you and happy spring!
May 1, 2020 - I hope that you are all keeping well in these difficult times, and striving to find the positive sides of staying home/staying safe. My sympathy to all of you feeling stressed, overwhelmed and isolated. Please remember that help is out there if you need it. If you would like to be connected to people or agencies that can offer support in a variety of ways, call me at the library (453-4015) and I can get that information to you. I'm always happy to chat, too, as many of you know! I am here on Tues. 10-5, Wed 1-8, Thu 1-8 and Sat 10-1pm.
Go to our COVID-19 Response - Deborah's Messages page to find a list of links to people and agencies.
Here at the library, I am working on the collection - sorting, re-classifying, weeding, etc., all with the idea of making the collection better and easier to use. I have been ordering new materials, and although deliveries have been put on hold, those will be shipped and will freshen up the collection when we re-open. (Happy day!) Warmest wishes to you all.
Deborah Lundbech, director (802-453-4015)
Announcing Learning Express Library!
We are pleased to announce that the Vermont Department of Libraries has contracted for free, statewide access to Learning Express Library.
- LEL offers many license prep tests, including many of the necessary components of the CDL, nursing, medical testing, SAT, LSAT, and GRE prep.
- It also offers a wide range of academic and career-related solutions in one platform, including skill-building in reading, writing, math and science, college admissions exams, occupational licensing test, career exploration, and much more.
- It includes information to help job seekers explore occupations, find career matches based on interest and skills, search for scholarships, and create effective resumes.
- Additionally, Learning Express Library has a computer skills center where one can learn the fundamentals of using a computer and more with self-paced, easy-to-use tutorials - beginner to advance levels.
To access Learning Express Library, go to the link on our "Onsite & Online Resources" page here.
For more information, contact Deborah at the library! 802-453-4015
We will display our calendar here after we are able to re-open the library for events.
The library has a lot of new materials. New DVDs and many new books.
Remember, if you are looking for something we don’t have, I will be very happy to Inter-Library loan or purchase. Just ask!