Fines and Fees
- New Haven Community Library patrons will not be charged card fees.
- There is no limit to the amount of material that may be borrowed, but the Librarian has the authority to place a reasonable limit on a patron’s borrowing.
- The Library encourages the return of borrowed materials on time and in good condition.
- There will be no fines for overdue materials, but a conscience box is provided. However, borrowing privileges may be curtailed if books are not returned by the date due.
- Patrons are responsible for replacement costs of lost or damaged items.
- Inter-Library Loan books are offered free, but voluntary donations for postage and handling are gladly accepted.
- Other fees for such things as photocopies or computer printouts shall be set at the discretion of the Librarian in consultation with the Board of Trustees.